How many different buy to let mortgages are there on the market today?
Well, it’s anybody’s guess but the most recent figure I came across was around 2,000 different BTL mortgages, and they are being offered by up to (an estimated) 100 different lenders.
All of those products, and all of those lenders, will have different terms and criteria.
And they are constantly changing!
It’s no wonder that if you try to arrange your own finance, it all gets very confusing.
So don’t do it!
You’re almost certain to make a complete hash of it.
You really need a (really good) mortgage broker who is keeping an eye on what is happening (in the whole mortgage market), and who can sift and sort through all the (numerous) different options for you, and find you the right mortgage that you’re your specific needs.
I recently asked my mortgage broker to give me an example of what’s good on the market at the moment and he came up with these:
Ltd Co Buy to Let Mortgages (for Remortgage or Purchase)
• 75% LTV 2 Year Fixed Rate 2.89% (Free Valuation & £350 Cashback).
• 75% LTV 5 Year Fixed Rate 3.25% (Free Valuation & £350 Cashback).
• 80% LTV products available from 2 Year Fixed Rate 3.45% (Free Valuation & £350 Cashback) or a 5 Year Fixed Rate 3.80% (Free Valuation & £350 Cashback).
And if you still own, or are still buying, in your own name
Own Name BTL Purchase rates:
• 75% LTV purchase 2 year fixed rate 1.87% (£995 lenders fee), Free Valuation & £250 cashback.
• 75% LTV purchase 5 year fixed rate 2.14% (£1,995 lenders fee).
• 80% LTV purchase 2 year fixed rate 2.99% (2% lenders fee).
• 80% LTV purchase 5 year fixed 3.70% (£999 lenders fee), free valuation & £350 cashback
Own Name BTL Remortgage rates:
• 75% LTV remortgage 2 year fixed rate 1.87% (£995 lenders fee), Free Valuation & £250 cashback
• 75% LTV remortgage 5 year fixed rate 2.38% (£995 lenders fee), Free Valuation & £250 cashback
• 80% LTV remortgage 2 year fixed rate 2.99% (2% lenders fee).
• 80% LTV remortgage 5 year fixed 3.75% (NO lenders fee), free valuation & £350 cashback
If you are buying a property, or if you want to remortgage an existing property, and you want some help finding the right mortgage for you, please email me
and I’ll put you in touch with my (really good) mortgage broker.
Here’s to successful property investing
Chartered Surveyor, author and property investor
PS. By the way, I’ve rewritten and updated my best-selling e-book, The Successful Property Investor’s Strategy Workshop, which is an account of how I put together my multi-property portfolio, starting from scratch and with no money of my own, and how you can do the same.
For more details please go to: