Because the mortgage market is a bit volatile at the moment I thought it would be a good idea to ask my mortgage broker what the best buy to let mortgage deals are at the moment for individuals.
I asked him to look at 75% LTV mortgages because I can’t think why you might want a 65% or 70% LTV if a 75% LTV is available.
Here’s what he came up with.
B2L – individual ownership from 75% LTV with incentives:
- 2 Year fixed rate 1.55% up to 75% LTV with £1995 lenders fee – can be added. (Free valuation + Legals for remortgage).
- 5 Year fixed rate 1.92% up to 75% LTV with £1995 lenders fee – can be added. Purchase only no incentives.
- 5 Year fixed rate 2.02% up to 75% LTV with £1995 lenders fee – can be added. (Free valuation + Legals for remortgages).
- Lower fee options available at higher rates with £995 fee or NIL fee options – incentives available above.
- Interest cover from 125% assessed against notional stress rate of 5.25% (2 or 3 year fixed) or 4.50% rate in respect of 5 year fixed.
- First Time Landlords considered – must be a Homeowner.
- No minimum income.
- Min property value £50k – most properties considered including ex LA flats/above commercial etc.
- Leasehold considered provide unexpired term is 70 years+ at the time of application.
- Max age at end of term 80 – max mortgage term 35 years.
- Portfolio landlords considered subject to max 10 properties of which the lender will consider 5
If you are looking for buy to let finance and you’d like me to introduce you to my (really good) mortgage broker please email me
Here’s to Successful Property investing
(ex) Chartered Surveyor, author and property investor
PS. By the way, I’ve rewritten and updated my best-selling e-book, The Successful Property Investor’s Strategy Workshop, which is an account of how I put together my multi-property portfolio, starting from scratch and with no money of my own, and how you can do the same.
For more details please go to: